You are cordially invited to join us for Our 14th Annual Lebanese Festival
Join us Aug 24th to 27th from 11 -11 where you will get to experience authentic Mediterranean food, Mediterranean Live Music and Dance, Fold Dance Performances, a Kids Zone and much much more
Admission is free and free is GREAT
A Special Event for People Who Love Tomatoes!
Do you like to start tomatoes, grow tomatoes, preserve tomatoes, cook with tomatoes, eat tomatoes, outgrow your neighbours’ tomatoes with the biggest one ever, paint tomato themed art, and hum lyrics about the wonderful tomato? Then this event is really for you. Simply everything will be about tomatoes!
The Tomato Extravaganza takes place on August 29th, 2017 from 2 to 8 pm. It will be an educational and fun-filled day for adults and kids alike. The day brings:
- The opportunity to take a behind-the-scenes tour of Hole’s Greenhouse with Jim Hole himself and view hundreds of heritage, heirloom, and hybrid tomatoes in the greenhouse at peak production. Imagine seeing indeterminate heritage tomatoes like Sungold which can grow up to 60 feet tall! How high will they be on August 29th?
- A friendly tomato growing competitions: We want the largest, heaviest tomato you can possibly grow. Feed Brutus, Mortgage Lifter, Beefmaster, and other “biggies” to receive the biggest honour of this event! Then, show us the most oddly formed, weirdest, wonkiest tomato grown in your patch. There’s a prize for that too!
- Cooking demostrations by the ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen. Doreen Prie and Kathryn Joel from Get Cooking Edmonton will showcase tomato recipes which will leave you salivating for more!
- Workshops & talks about tomato growing tips and tricks, saving seeds, & preserving tomatoes,
- Tastings of local dishes featuring tomatoes from Get Cooking Edmonton and the Roti Shop.
- Children activities, including the chance to get a photo with Mr Tomato
- A tomato art and tomato photo competition
- and The Skewed Tomatoes Band will be performing some of your favourite tomato ballads throughout the day!
It will be all about tomatoes!
This year consider donating your extra homegrown tomatoes. The Edmonton Food Bank will be attending and will gratefully accept your tomato contributions. Tomatoes are healthy treasures to share with their recipients. Bring a basket with green, red, pink, burgundy, indigo, black, or brown tomatoes in any shape or size. We know there is a remarkable sense of community in the Capital Region. Thank you in advance!
Tickets are FREE for children 11 years old and younger, and $5 for students, seniors, and adults. Get your tickets in advance to secure your spot and to pre-order your food!
Edmonton Beer Geeks Anonymous is a society founded on the principles of supporting local craft brewers and organically building the community surrounding them.
Naturally conditioned real ale is as much alive as the brewers and beer geeks that seek it. Real ale is unfiltered and unpasteurized method of preparing beer in vessels called firkins.
EBGA Real Ale Festival will feature breweries from across Western Canada – a complete list of breweries will be released via the EBGA monthly newsletter and social media as it evolves.
The venue is the outdoor hockey rink at the Ritchie Community League. The outdoor hockey rink gives the event a larger space, allowing more patrons, and opening up the event to the fresh air seems to fit well with naturally conditioned ales!
Even though the EBGA Real Ale Festival is growing, it is still the same price as last year. The $30 admission ticket gets you:
– 1 (one) custom EBGA Real Ale Festival 2017 take-home glass
– 1 (one) event re-entry wristband
– 3 (three) beer tokens, 5 oz per token
– 1 (one) door prize draw ticket
Additional samples of these one-off real ales will be sold at the same rate as previous years:
5oz of Real Ale = $1.50
10oz of Real Ale = $3.00
Patrons should note that ALL of the firkins will be tapped at the beginning of the EBGA Real Ale Festival and pour until the firkins run dry! Availability will be on a first-come, first-served, first-enjoyed basis!
Food at EBGA Real Ale Festival will be available from a favourite local establishment:
Old Country Meat & Deli will be featuring a selection of traditional pub fare (meat pies, scotch eggs, sausage rolls).
Please enjoy these unique, naturally conditioned ales responsibly and with the respect they deserve.
Do not drink and drive.
Celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday with Alberta Council for the Ukrainian Arts (ACUA). We will be hosting a UKRAINIAN FOOD FAIR, in conjunction with a celebration of Ukrainian culture and music, at the Old Timers Log Cabin, on September 15, 2017 and we are inviting you to participate in the event with us!
Admission to the public is free with an admission ticket. Attendees will be required to buy tickets to purchase food items. We are providing a variety of small portion food items for you to taste and purchase. The menu will include appetizers, entrees, and desserts. All food served will be Ukrainian themed.
We hope to see you all there!
This year the Chinatown Area Business Association is pleased to present the Moonlight Carnival, an indoor venue for vendors, food and craft etc.
The Mid-Autumn Festival is a holiday that is celebrated by almost all Asian countries and cultures. It is a festival that celebrates family, unity, harvest, the moon and so much more. It is deeply rooted in the Chinese culture and is one of the most important holidays for the Chinese. We want to share our holiday spirit with the rest of Edmonton and we would like you to help us show off our joy for our holiday.
Our vision is to make the Moonlight Carnival one of the most memorable Fall season City event in the City of Edmonton that will attract locals and tourists. We anticipate thousands of people attending. There will be performances, food and crafts vendors in the Ukrainian National Federation Hall. 2017 will be a bigger and more exciting event.